September 7, 2012

High Risk

Dr. Magge called me this morning to let me know that he got the results back from the CT scan. My poor bugs case just keeps getting more and more complicated. It verified the misalignment between his spine and skull. The doc conferenced with his colleagues and the consensus was to go ahead with the surgery. This new development means that his surgery (and life in general) are now considered high risk because of the instability. The doctor doesn't want to go in and do a fusion surgery while Logan is still this young, and that we are holding off on that. Obviously that will change all of his post-op restrictions and what not. I think the doctor is getting sick of hearing me ask about restrictions hahaha he keeps telling me that we'll deal with it when we get there.

I found out that Logans surgery was going to be the second of the day. I thought it was supposed to be the first, but I don't mind sleeping an extra 2 hours (that is of course if I manage to sleep at al the night before) It seems like every time something else new comes up the length of the hospital stay changes and the length of the surgery changes. The hospital stay has gone from 3-5 days, to 3-6 days, now its 4-7. The length of the surgery before was 2-3 hours, now its 3-4.

Organizing and coordinating this house sitting, baby sitter, sleep situation is all going to be on the fly. Its impossible to plan ahead, which is driving me mad.

My in-laws are trying to find a way to push back their trip. They're so wonderful to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment