August 16, 2012

September 6th 2012

@8:30 AM, Logan will be prepped and ready for surgery.

We have to be at the hospital by 6:30 to get everything all squared away. Driving to and through DC in and of itself is going to be a confusing lengthy trek. During rush hour at that. We're sleeping over the in-laws the night before, since they're closer. Its an hour from our house, its only 45 minutes from theirs. Yes, that 15 minutes means a  lot! I think my mom is going to spend the night there too, carpooling makes things even easier. Still not excited to be waking up at 4 am. I'm going to need so.much.coffee. I'm hoping to leave baby brother Talon with my sister in law, we'll see, he may end up in the waiting room with the rest of us.

Unless someone wants to pay for us to get a hotel room in DC by the hospital? Any takers? :P

We're also going to need to arrange a baby sitter slash house sitter slash puppy sitter for the days and nights we're not here. Baby brother Talon can stay with us during visitor hours but even then someone needs to be at home to take care of Epic (puppy). Talon will only sleep need to sleep at home and someone will need to stay there. Most of our sitter options will be spending their days at the hospital with us. So I'm going to need some volunteers for that job too. I dunno, we'll figure it out. We have (some) time.

We go to Children's National for a pre-op work up on August 31. My guess wasn't that far off, my guess was that we'd start the process August 30. I'm setting up a tour of the surgical and recovery wings for the week before. I have my list of questions ready to come with us to the pre-op, from big medical things to minor things, for example, will he ever be able to use "black round" again (thats what he calls the trampoline that he loves ever so much).

On to the financial run around. I called the office back and asked about them checking the insurance coverage. I went through three different people before they told me to call our insurance. So Danny called the insurance to ask them and they gave him a number. I'm supposed to give that number to the office (I think?) to have the procedure pre-authorized. I'm still waiting on the mail to come with all the information from Priority Partners. Hopefully between the two this is all covered. *fingers crossed* If its not completely covered I'm going to set up a donation/care page for it, in case anybody is willing and able to help. I'll get back to you guys in another post with a link if that ends up being the case.

I'm going to start taking a zillion pictures and videos of him just to compare to after surgery. So be prepared for an influx of Logans face in your face.

I'm also trying really hard to keep myself preoccupied. Idle hands and what not.

I keep coming up with things to write while I'm away from the computer but every time I sit down to type it poofs away. I'll just be sporadically making little pointless posts of things I forgot to mention.

Thanks everyone for all the love and support, it means so much to us. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment